Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Patrick Swayze




First off, give the credit where it is due. Thanks yahoo for the photo I lifted from your page. Anyway, I am posting this brief post about one of the best actors that Hollywood has ever had - Patrick Swayze - who recently died of pancreatic cancer, according to Yahoo News.

By memory, I could not name the other films that starred him but what stick to mind was his role in the 1990's popular and award-winning flick Ghost co-starred Demi Moore. Who could forget the very romantic pottery wheel scene? Anyway, this film relived the song "Unchained Melody" which would dominate the airlanes and videoke bars/joints.

Well, not that I like the film Ghost whose plot was similar to Steven Spielberg's film Always (Holy Hunter and Richard Dryefuss) in 1989 or whether it was one of the best pictures during the 90s but all because the film became part of my life or the life of my wifey. Sounds corny but our first date was in that movie. And three years later, we got married and now we are raising our three children who are all girls.

Needless to say that I was saddened also by the untimely death of Mr. Swayze. RIP, Mr. Swayze.

No comments: