Monday, November 8, 2010

Early Dawn Lightning


Past midnight, I guess, a deafening lightning or thunderbolt broke our slumber. It occurred few minutes after the rain that night tapered to a halt. It was so strong that the second floor was like it was shaken up. That lightning set itself apart from other thunderbolts that I heard. It sounded like it hit something  on the ground.  As she was awaken by the electrifying strike from the heavens, my daughter scampered to the downstairs - joining her two sisters who opted to sleep in the sala. 

The heavens were like into serious rumbling after that earsplitting strike, with flashes penetrating through the glass windows. My wife quickly dropped a reminder saying that God Has His way of reminding people. I don't know. But who would not say that anyway? More often, we would be reminded of the great powers somewhere when we are confronted with a phenomenon like this.

No comments: