Friday, February 25, 2011

Feathery Visitor



The other day, I was surprised to see a bird locally known as Piruk-Piruk (Yellow-Wattled Bulbul?) which is endemic in the region and a favorite targets of sling-toting kids in the neighborhood. Perhaps, the birdie was busy picking up "mansanitas(The aratiles fruit is known in other countries as Jamaican cherry, Panama berrySingapore cherry, bolaina yamanaza, cacaniqua, capulĂ­n blanco, nigua, niguito, memizo, or memiso. In certain areas of the Philippines, these little red fruits are called manzanitas (“small apples”), also spelled mansanitas or manchanitas)." outside when it was attacked by an aggressive fellow birdie. As it panicked, the bird took a wrong lane towards the open door of my working area. And in a sec, it collided with the glass window header at my back that caused it to crash landing. I heard the solid sound of a thud. I picked up the poor birdie and let it regain energy from the mishap probably from minor injury it got from the accident. I did not find its black box though. :-)


It took the birdie about 5 minutes before it finally regained power under its wings and flew out again.

No comments: