Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Guitar and stand

With a borrowed guitar from the cousins of my father, I learned to strum the guitar when I was first year high school. I kept playing from borrowed guitar after. Last year, my eldest insisted on buying an acoustic guitar. So her mother bought one (Php1,500++) that came with a black leatherette case. Their interest to learn to play the guitar was, to my mind, dampened with the hassle of getting the guitar from its case and returning it in there when not in use. So the story is that the guitar clothed in its black case was left in the corner. To spark the interest of the kid anew, I decided to buy a guitar stand. True enough, the interest of my kids to learn to strum the guitar grew each time they saw the thing accessible anytime on its stand. Now, they are mastering fast the techniques on guitar playing with the help of online tutorials from site like YouTube.

No comments: