Monday, June 9, 2008

Rudy Fernandez

Tragic days we have for a number of reasons. The first when our place was almost inundated early morning of Saturday after last night’s heavy downpour. Ninety percent in the subdivision got flooded and when it subsided it left us with some mud and driftwoods from a nearby river which overflowed during the heavy rain. Shower rain continued the whole morning. While it did not stop us from doing our regular household chores, it gave me running nose and slight fever in the evening. The next day, a Sunday, it had me stuck before the computer tweaking on my blogs after so much thought on whether or not make changes on their templates (I authored 5 blogs). Alas! I ruined all my widgets and links had gone.

I mentioned “tragic” earlier all because we heard the news on the untimely passing-away of well-loved Movie Actor Rudy Fernandez at the age of 56. Mr. Fernandez had a bout with rare periampullary cancer for over two years. His fans must be mourning now and I am sad too. I saw on tv his fans lining up to get a last glimpse of their idol whose remains lie in state at Heritage Park in Taguig City (Metro Manila). Mr. Fernandez made over 100 movies. Some of which I was able to watch and for that held him with admiration for his high-caliber portrayal of his characters. He won three best actor awards.

More than that, I admire him for his unwavering commitment to his marriage with Actress Lorna Tolentino (for 25 years already) knowing fully well that the movie industry is one of the deadliest places for married couples and even young women who have become mothers but not lawful wives. How many showbiz couples have sacrificed their marriage vows because of other so-called third parties? I know we are humans, we tend to make errors or make mistakes in our decision but sacrificing the holiness of marriage is something we cannot condone however you explain your reasons.

Daboy as he is fondly called by showbiz friends and fans had my respect for sticking to his wife. He was one of the few good husbands in the showbiz industry who dedicated his life to his own family. So long, Daboy!

Photo by ver paulino

No comments: