Sunday, June 8, 2008

Scammers all Around

My inbox is also clogged with scams from the morons on the net trying to prey on their innocent victims by telling lies about million or billion-worth of money. There are those who emailed that you have won a lottery in a draw or copious emails on inheritance that the senders want to transfer to your bank accounts. Some I received are as follows:

From the so-called “NI Online Promo”

Attn: We are please to inform You that you just won the sum of 1,000,000 EURO,
form our netherland NATIONAL LOTTERY 2008. Fill the details:Full
Name,Country,Tel,Occupation: Email: nll3458745676@googlemail.com

From another scam “Dell Award Notification”

We are delighted to inform you that you are one of the THREE LUCKY
WINNERS whose e-mail address won the sum payout of £500,000 pounds.(Five
Hundred Thousand Pounds Sterlings Only) in the DELL ELECTRONICS SEASONAL
AWARD 2008.

To file in for your claims,contact our claim's agent with your information as provided below:

Brown .J. Williams
Tell: +447031908584
Email: agt_bwilliams@live.com

Full Names:..Country:...Tel:..Sex...Age:...Occupation:...Residential
Address: ...

Dr.Carl A.Moore
(Information Officer)

And one of the “moving” lies that scammers are trying to sell through email is one coming from supposed Miss Sonia Savimbi of Ouagadougou,Burkina, Faso, read:

Dearest one,

Good day, I am Miss Sonia D. Savimbi the only daughter of the late Mr.and Mrs D Savimbi. My father was a highly reputable cocoa and gold machant business magnet who operated in the capital city of Burkina Faso and C'voire during his days.

It is sad to say that he passed away mysteriously in Liberia civil war during one ofhis business strips abroad on the 12th September 2004. Though his sudden death was linked or rather suspected to have been masterminded by an uncle of his who travelled with him at that time. But God knows the truth..

After his death, his lawyer who happens to be our family lawyer called me to inform me that my father has the sum of(USD$7,300,000.00)USD and 350 kilo of Golddust in a finance & security company here in Burkina Faso. He further told me that he deposited the money with my name as the next of kin since i am his only child and alsogave me all the necessary legal documents that back up the fund with theCompany.

I am just 23 years old and a university undergraduate and really don't know what
to do, with due respect ,i am contacting you to present an account overseas in
any part of the word where this funds can be transfered and after the transfer,
I will also want you To make arrangement for me to come over to your country in
order to further my university education and to secure a residential permit for
me in your country.

The death of my father actually brought sorrow to my life. Moreover, I will also like to invest the fund under your care because I am ignorant of business world.

I am willing to offer you 25% of the total sum as compensation for your assistance in the transfer of this deposit to your country.

Immedaitely I confirm your willingness, I will inform you more details involved in this matter. please mail me on my private email (sonia_savimbi@yahoo.com)

Thanks and hoping to hear from you soonest,

Yours faithfully,

Miss Sonia.
Scammers are hard to die. They will be here to look for their gullible victims and the only weapon we can use against them is to be contented of what we have. We dream and attain our dreams through hard work and not through offered supposed “easy money.”

2 comments:

Ivan D said...

Just recieved that DELL ELECTRONICS SEASONAL AWARD spam. I googled it straight away to see if there was any credibility to the email, and your site was the first to inform me that it was a scam!
Thanks from a fellow visual artist.

Santa editorial said...

@ ivan..thanks for coming and i am glad that it served one purpose why i posted it here... :-)