Monday, July 28, 2008

Matina to Downtown

Last week, I met Victor Sapar, my IT expert friend, for a couple of projects for their organization. When I went down from the top of GSIS Subdivision (the place is sitting on an elevated location of Davao City), I started clicking my shutter. The scorching heat of the noon time sun did not deter me from taking photos. The building (first photo) is the Government Social Insurance Service (GSIS). Did I write it correctly? The trafficless road is McArthur Highway, I guess, or Matina? Nah, I am not sure :-). Probably, MacArthur as named after the famous US general who uttered the "I shall return..."

Then I passed by the newly-opened Bankerohan Bridge and had the opportunity to snap at the Davao River that empties to the Davao Gulf. Note the houses along the riverbanks. The murky water represents the massive siltation it suffers. Fishkills also happened here that many blamed to the agricultural activities upstreams. Investigations were conducted but no one was ever made to answer the environmental crimes that repeatedly occurred.

This is the old building of the Rizal Memorial Colleges. I think it already moved to the new location I missed to know. The next photo is the section of the foot of the J. P. Laureal Avenue Overpass I mentioned earlier in this blog. When commuting, I would disembark here to wait a PUJ going to Buhangin - Panacan route. It casts a cool shadow especially during high noon. Ok, I explain. When going to our home place, there are two routes to take - the longest one and the shortest route. Buhangin-Panacan is the shortest way. However, there are times that I would prefer to take the longest trip where I can spend much time to reflect :-).

No comments: